Sunday, June 25, 2017

Card #45 - Rick Cerone

The Card
Here's a fun one - Rick Cerone!  Rick was a three-time Yankee, always finding a way in his long career to rejoin the Bronx Bombers.  Did you know he was seventh in MVP voting in 1980...including a first place vote?!

You have to love this pic.  The warm-up jersey, the ratty batting glove, the batting cage...and that helmet!  Do you think that's his catcher's helmet, his batting helmet, or both?

The Story
I found Cerone and his lovely 'stache in the commons box at my local card shop.

The Price
$0.15

The Condition
The edges are a little ragged, if I recall correctly, this was the only card available in the commons box.

The Verdict
I'm an Orioles fan and thus the Yankees are my mortal enemy, but there's something about that late 70's/early 80's Bronx teams that are quite intoxicating.  Curse you for your charisma, Cerone!

No comments:

Post a Comment