Friday, April 14, 2017

Card #39 - Lou Whitaker

The Card
I LOVE this card.  Not only does Whitaker look like a complete bad-@$$...he signed his name "Sweet Lou"!  Are you kidding me!?!?  That's awesome.

I had the fortune of seeing Whitaker play in Tigers Stadium a couple of times near the end of his career.  I'm a better person for it.

The Story
You know I live in Texas, because if I was still back in Michigan there's no way this beauty would have been trapped in a common's box at my local shop.  This would be in the glass case.

The Price
$0.15

The Condition
The card is in wonderful condition though it is off-center.

The Verdict
This is one of my favorites in the set.  That's why it's included in the blog background.

On a side note, sorry for the sporadic posts lately.  I'm coaching my daughter's soccer team right now and that's been dominating my free time...

No comments:

Post a Comment