Saturday, January 28, 2017

Card #30 - Tom Seaver

The Card
This is simply a baseball card of one of the greatest pitchers in the history of the game - the upper echelon of Hall of Famers...Tom Seaver!  Tom Terrific!

I suspect there's a TV microphone just outside of the frame, as seen on many of the cards in the 1982 set, but I can't be sure.  The brown and blue hockey stick also seems to be a bizarre choice for a team called the Reds.

Most cardboard fans either think of Seaver as a Met or a Red.  I'm one of the weirdos who always imagines the White Sox first.  That's because my first Seaver card was from the 1985 set.  I still remember the time I accidentally knelt on that card on my living room floor as a kid.  I put a big fat crease right across it.  Why couldn't it have been Richard Dotson?

The Story
This card was part of my first-ever order from COMC.com.  I was super nervous waiting for it to arrive, but all that worry was for nothing.  It came fast and well protected.  Thanks COMC!

The Price
$0.40 - I think that's great for a Seaver card.

The Condition
It's certainly not perfect, but the biggest flaw seems to be the actual photo quality.  I'm not sure if that's all 1982 Seavers or just this one.

The Verdict
Dude.  It's Tom Seaver!

1 comment:

  1. I just posted about Mr. Seaver on my blog today as well. Coincidence! Hard to beat 40 cents for a card of Tom Terrific.

    ReplyDelete