Monday, January 23, 2017

Card #28 - John Urrea

The Card
Welcome to McDonalds, may I take your order?  Just kidding!  You have to love the brown, yellow, and orange of the old Padres uniforms.  Speaking of, this is the first San Diego Padre of the set.

John Urrea was out of MLB by the time this card was printed.  He spent 1982 in the Mexican leagues and seemingly retired after that.

Big shout out to the water tower over his left shoulder, keeping the club hydrated.

The Story
This card is from my original collection!  Or, at least, my younger brother's.  He gave me a stack of his common 1982's a few years back and I feel like this was one of them.  Still, it's been in the family for all this time.

The Price
Free - thanks brother!

The Condition
It's definitely well-worn but not that bad all things considered.

The Verdict
I don't know how I feel about the brown and green hockey stick.  What say you?

No comments:

Post a Comment