Sunday, November 6, 2016

Card #13 - Lamar Johnson

The Card
I wrote about this once on my 1988 Topps blog, but I LOVE these 1980's warm-up jackets.  When I played little league back then I was on the White Sox, and I remember how cool it was when we got one in addition to the standard jersey they passed out.

This is a fun, candid shot of the former first sacker for the Pale Hose.  Johnson would be out of baseball as a player after the 1982 season but had a long career after that as a hitting instructor at the minor and major league level.

The Story
I bought this at my local card shop this year, but I swore I used to own it as a kid.  I'm wondering if it was in my brother's collection?

The Price
$0.15

The Condition
This card is just about perfect.  Crisp, centered, it's in great shape.

The Verdict
You had me at "warm-up jacket."



No comments:

Post a Comment