Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Card #7 - Scott Sanderson

The Card
It's our first "normal" card!  Scott Sanderson was a heck of a workhorse - he pitched in 19 MLB seasons.  He bounced around a bit from team to team in the latter half of his career (did you know he was an AL All-Star for the Yankees?) but I always think of him in a Cubs jersey.

The Story
I picked up this card during my first visit to the local card shop here in town - Bankston's.  It's a nerd's paradise.  I have to limit my visits to 20 minute increments for fear of losing my life's savings.

The Price
$0.15.  The guy behind the card counter uses an annual vintage price guide, and fifteen cents is the going rate for common cards.  I bought a lot of them at this price but I need to haggle him down to ten the next time I'm in there.

The Condition
Pretty terrific, just a slight fuzzy corner in the lower left.

The Verdict
I'm not sure how the Expos ended up with purple and green as their hockey stick color, but somehow, it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment