Sunday, September 4, 2016

Welcome to Collecting 1982 Topps!

2015 Topps Chrome Refractor
Hello and welcome to Collecting 1982 Topps!

This blog will chronicle my pursuit of the 1982 Topps set, the very first cards I ever received as a seven year old boy and brand new collector.  This will sound sacrilegious to most of you, but I've never completed a Topps set by individual card.  Every Christmas I receive the Topps factory set from my parents.  I have every set from 1985 to 2015, but they all came in a pretty box and without the sweat equity of ripping packs to finish a collection.

Now don't get me wrong, I've bought hundreds if not thousands of packs over the years (especially in the late 80's/early 90's).   I just never thought to complete a set on my own.  That ends now! In honor of my first cards and one of my favorite all-time Topps designs, I'm making sure I own all 792 "hockey sticks" the old fashioned way - one card at a time!

I already purchased a binder and pages.  I'm starting with thirty or so cards from the first packs I ever opened as a kid plus a stack I just grabbed at my local card store.  Here on the blog I'll post each card, in order, from Steve Carlton (#1) to Frank Tanana (#792).

Thanks for visiting the site!  I hope you find it enjoyable, please feel free to follow the blog and my twitter account (@Collect_82Topps).  On the left hand side of the page you'll see the cards I'm working on adding to my collection - let me know if you're willing to trade to help me out!

Now, I have to go track down card #1, the Steve Carlton Highlight.  Here we go!

1 comment:

  1. I have 100+ cards from this set to trade. Send me an email at borosny at gmail dot com.

    ReplyDelete