Sunday, September 25, 2016

Card #4 - Pete Rose Highlight

The Card
I don't like Pete Rose.  I think he's a jerk.  I'm still mad at how he stole the thunder from Paul Molitor and Dennis Eckersley on their Hall of Fame announcement day.  I hate that he bet on baseball, and I'm in full support of his ineligibility for the Hall.

That being said, he is one charismatic dude who has always looked good on cardboard, including this shot.  Rose got the Highlight treatment for becoming the all-time NL hits leader.  It happened during this game.  He passed Stan Musial, whose Cardinals, ironically, were the opposing team that day.

The Story
This card came in the Highlight bundle I bought off of eBay.

The Price
$1.11

The Condition
It's not well centered - you can tell that more on the back of the card than the front.  The bottom left corner has a tiny ding, which I may have caused by putting it into the page.

The Verdict
I don't want to like this card, but I kind of do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment